VIM Cover Landlord Insurance

VIM Cover's landlord insurance is here to deliver peace of mind.

  • Comprehensive & Complete Coverage
  • Protection Against the Unexpected
  • Competitive Rates
  • Simple & Straightforward
Get A Quote

Rated 5 stars on Google

*60 Minute Rapid Quote

(*for approved applicants)

    Looking for the Best Landlord Insurance in Australia?

    Finding the right landlord insurance can feel overwhelming. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This guide will help you navigate the options and find the best fit for your investment property.

    Landlord insurance or landlord home insurance, is specifically designed to protect your rental property. It acts as a safety net against unforeseen events that can damage your investment.

    Call Now

    Owning an investment property in Australia? Don’t Skimp on Landlord Insurance!

    Owning a rental property can be a fantastic way to build wealth, but it also comes with its share of risks. Unexpected events like fires, storms, or even malicious tenants can leave you facing significant financial losses. That’s where landlord insurance comes in – your safety net against these unforeseen circumstances.

    What Does Landlord Insurance Typically Cover?

    • Landlord building insurance: This forms the core of most policies, covering the structure of your property itself (landlord house insurance) against fire, storms, floods, vandalism, and other insured events.
    • Loss of rent: Imagine your property becomes unlivable due to a covered event. Landlord insurance can help recoup lost rental income while repairs are underway.
    • Tenant default: Dealing with a tenant who skips out on rent can be stressful. Landlord insurance with tenant default coverage can offer financial relief in these situations.
    • Malicious damage: Unfortunately, some tenants may cause deliberate damage to your property. Landlord insurance with malicious damage cover can help offset the cost of repairs.
    • Public liability: Accidents happen. If someone gets injured on your rental property, public liability coverage within your landlord insurance policy can protect you from legal expenses.

    Finding the Best Fit: Cheap vs. Comprehensive Coverage

    While cheap landlord insurance might seem tempting, it’s crucial to prioritize coverage that aligns with your specific needs. Here’s what to consider:

    • The value of your property: Higher-valued properties may require more extensive coverage.
    • The type of property: Is it a house, unit, or apartment?
    • Contents in the property: Do you provide furnished rentals? If so, landlord contents insurance is essential.
    • Your risk tolerance: Are you comfortable taking on some risk for a lower premium, or do you prefer more comprehensive protection?
    Call Now

    Next Steps:

    • Get a quote from VIM Cover to get an idea about landlord insurance coverage.
    • Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully to understand what’s included and excluded.

    Remember: The right landlord insurance policy gives you peace of mind, knowing your investment is protected.

    Why Choose VIM Cover Landlord Insurance?

    • Comprehensive Coverage: We offer a range of customizable plans to fit your specific needs. From landlord building insurance to building and landlord insurance, we’ve got you covered.
    • Protection Against the Unexpected: Our policies typically cover damage from fire, storms, floods, vandalism, and more. We can also provide coverage for loss of rent, tenant defaults, malicious damage, and public liability.
    • Competitive Rates: VIM Cover offers exceptional value for your money. Get a quote today and see how affordable protecting your investment can be.
    • Simple & Straightforward: We believe in clear communication. Our policies are easy to understand, and our claims process is hassle-free.
    Welcome to Vim Cover's Landlords Insurance

    Protect Your Investment with VIM Cover's Landlord Insurance

    1300 003 555Enquire Now

    Like home insurance, landlord insurance can cover your rental property and its contents against risks like storms, floods and fire. It can also cover the damage that tenants can cause to your property and even loss of rental income. Unlike some landlord policies, VIM Cover landlord insurance can cover holiday rentals and long-term rentals.

    The Benefits

    Why Choose VIM Cover?

    Protect Your Rental Property

    VIM Cover’s landlord insurance offers comprehensive protection for your rental property and its contents. With coverage against risks such as storms, floods, and fire, you can have peace of mind knowing that your investment is secure. Our policy goes beyond traditional landlord insurance by also covering holiday rentals and long-term rentals, providing flexibility to meet your specific needs.

    Protecting Your Financial Investment

    Without landlord insurance, your valuable investment is exposed to significant risks. Damage or destruction of your property could result in substantial financial loss. Additionally, the loss of rental income due to property repairs, tenant eviction, or lease break can further impact your financial stability. VIM Cover ensures that you are protected from these potential risks and can continue to generate income from your rental property.

    Coverage Tailored to Your Needs

    Our landlord insurance policies offer a range of coverage options to suit your requirements. Some of the potential benefits you can expect include automatic cover for flood, fire, and explosion, inflation adjustment for buildings and contents claims, and liability coverage of up to $20 million for third-party injury or property damage. Our policies also cover loss or damage caused by tenants or their visitors, providing comprehensive protection for your rental property.

    Additional Protection

    Our policies include automatic coverage for damage to landlord’s contents, such as carpets, curtains, and appliances, up to a certain limit. We also provide coverage for electric motor burnout, malicious damage caused by tenants, and catastrophe cover for declared natural disasters. With optional coverage for loss of rent or an absconding tenant, as well as tax audit cover, VIM Cover ensures that you have comprehensive protection for all aspects of your rental property.

    Get Started Today!

    Protect your investment with VIM Cover

    Protect your rental property and your financial future with VIM Cover’s landlord insurance. Contact us today to learn more about our coverage options and get a quote tailored to your specific needs.

    Contact Us

    Frequently Asked Questions 

    While not mandatory, landlord home insurance is highly recommended for Australian property owners. It protects your investment property against a range of risks, including damage from fire, storms, floods, and vandalism.

    Absolutely! Landlord insurance offers valuable protection for your investment. It can cover repairs to your property, lost rental income if the property becomes unlivable, and even financial losses due to tenant defaults or malicious damage. The peace of mind it provides is well worth the cost.

    Yes, there’s a key difference. Building insurance typically covers the structure of the property itself, regardless of whether it’s owner-occupied or rented. Landlord insurance, on the other hand, goes beyond the building itself. It provides additional protections specific to rental properties, such as loss of rent and tenant-related issues.

    Building and landlord insurance combined offer the most comprehensive protection. However, landlord building insurance might suffice if you don’t have any contents in the property. It depends on your individual needs. If you provide furnished rentals, consider adding landlord contents insurance to your coverage.

    The value of landlord insurance is undeniable. Unexpected events can cause significant financial hardship. Landlord insurance acts as a safety net, protecting you from these unforeseen circumstances and ensuring the financial security of your investment.

    Tenants typically don’t pay for building insurance. This is the responsibility of the landlord. However, tenants may have renter’s insurance, which covers their belongings within the property.